Dealing With Storm Damaged Trees
Despite the fact they’re usually considered as being really solid and permanent, trees can certainly come to be at risk in extreme weather such as storms & strong winds. Powerful storms and very high winds have been seen to annihilate trees and tear even the healthiest & sturdiest trees from the soil, sending them plunging to the ground, or onto neighbours’ gardens, power lines, vehicles, and buildings.
How many times following a storm have you heard about dislodged branches and storm-damaged trees blocking the road or damaging property. In addition to the inconvenience & danger it also may cause costly repair work.
The most difficult decision after a storm isn’t how to deal with the trees that are definitely down, that’s pretty easy. The harder possibility is whether or not any of the trees still upright are salvageable.
Various trees that have been moderately affected in the storm may pose a potential future threat and may need to be disassembled and took out to avoid putting people and property in danger in many months or even years in the future.
Other trees can be preserved by being pruned back, with their most damaged sections being ‘severed’ similar to how a surgeon would remove a gangrenous limb. Others might need to be staked with guy ropes or supported with various other supports up until they can re-develop the root structure they need to stand on their own.
If a storm has caused trees to land on buildings, our tree specialists can be trusted to clear away the affected trees safely, quickly and efficiently to allow the construction crews easy access to the property to begin restorations on the damaged properties and power lines.
Call Us Now To Get A Free No Obligation Quotation
Different Sorts Of Storm Damage
Every one of these sorts of damage leads to a varied outlook for the trees’ potential survival, however making a prognosis is a task ideally entrusted to a fully trained arborist. An unqualified nonprofessional is far more likely to disregard a small detail that may differentiate one verdict from another, such as finding the splinters from a crown twist but missing the slight lean that suggests that the roots also failed.
There are generally 6 forms of storm damage that a tree can’t typically sustain:
- Blowovers – this is where the entire tree is uprooted.
- Stem Failures – this is where the trunk of the tree cracks above the ground, making the trees crown to fall or to angle strongly while the bottom section continues to be standing normally.
- Root Failures – is when the root systems of the tree tear underneath the ground, leading to the tree pitching or swinging considerably.
- Branch Failures – is where several branches of the tree detach.
- Crown Twists – is when the trunk of the tree rotates enough to split, but stays up. This takes place most typically on trees with extremely lopsided crowns. The entire crown essentially becomes a weathervane in a storm, twisting to follow the wind flow in a way that the trunk can not.
- Lightening Hits – When lightening strikes the tree gets burned and electrocuted, but stays up, for now. Lightening hits have a lot of secondary effects such as massive water loss and opening a large amount of surface area up to pests and vermin, so a tree hit by lightening is always at a substantially greater risk to drop despite the fact that it got through the original storm.
Preserving Storm Damaged Trees
Our tree specialists will not only dispose of upended trees safely and securely and with no more damage to buildings, but will additionally be able to give practical suggestions on how to save or preserve existing trees that are still left standing, despite the fact that they may have been harmed in the storm. Our highly experienced crew can assess the situation on your property and advise you which trees have gotten more than enough damage that they would die whether or not they were carefully raised and replanted.
24 Hour Emergency Tree Removal Call Out Services
If you find yourself requiring a local 24-hour emergency tree surgeon then our professional tree surgeons will be on site at the very first possibility to analyse the scenario and advise you of any remedial solutions available.
If our experts can’t fully eliminate the tree, we will at least restore a good level of access and revisit at the very first chance to perform a complete and safe clearing of your fallen tree. Our emergency tree removal services are even suitable for any accidents such as vehicle collisions. We will additionally inspect the surrounding trees for any hidden damages and dismantle and remove the damaged tree if required.
Tree Removal Service
Even on the floor, tree surgery calls for experience & technical skill, it is a lot more complex than just using a chainsaw to a tree. Without having proper competence, experience and equipment, you should not try one’s hand at tree surgery. If the tree fell because of damages, there may be further real dangers of some other falling branches. Certainly never risk your personal basic safety to remove a fallen limb, phone your local tree surgeon professionals.
For a free no obligation quotation on any type of tree work give us a call right now.